Accessibility and Access Keys 
Skip to Content 
The Canadian Federation of Humane Societies started the Associate category because we wanted to provide a way for a like-minded not-for-profits to join in the largest animal welfare community in Canada.
• Municipally-run animal control agencies
• Animal rescues
• Animal sanctuaries
• Issue-based animal welfare organizations
• Spay/neuter and feral cat groups
• Animal associations (organizations that are a collective of other groups)
• Transition houses
• Registered not-for-profit animal welfare groups
• International animal welfare groups
Any Canadian animal welfare organization, association or governmental group with charitable status that is aligned with CFHS values and guiding principles. Note that, to become an Associate, an organization needs to apply and be approved by CFHS.
1. Agree to have CFHS represent your organization at the national level.
2. Support industry-recognized shelter standards and guidelines.
3. Complete an application form and pay an annual fee.
Applications for Associates are approved by a resolution of the CFHS Board of Directors.