Accessibility and Access Keys 
Skip to Content 
If you answered YES to these questions, the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies wants to join with you to build a Humane Canada.
As the convener and representative of the largest animal welfare community in Canada, the CFHS advances the welfare of animals, with a strong national voice promoting the interests and concerns of animal welfare to government, policy makers, industry and the public.
Click on the links below to download the application form and other relevant documents or contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-678-2347
Ces documents sont aussi disponsibles en français. S.V.P. nous contactez à firstname.lastname@example.org ou 1-888-678-2347
POSITIVE, PROGRESSIVE CHANGE
We drive positive, progressive change to end animal cruelty and improve animal protection.
INTEGRATED, STRATEGIC, PROFESSIONAL APPROACH
We build integrated, strategic professional teams that utilize systems thinking to create an effective organization and lasting change.
COLLABORATION AND COOPERATION
We are a federation of organizations that recognize we have more influence as a collective than as individuals to impact key national animal welfare issues. We work collaboratively and cooperatively with members and stakeholders based on the premise that we have greater impact creating positive change by being a part of the process.
EVIDENCE-BASED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
We are an evidenced-based organization that supports and promotes innovative and anticipatory thinking to address animal welfare issues and secure lasting change.
We believe that each animal possesses intrinsic value, remarkable complexity and inherent dignity, and as such is deserving of respect and moral concern. We use the Five Freedoms to guide animal welfare decisions.
Click here to find a CFHS member society near you!
Voting membership in CFHS consists of Humane Societies and SPCAs who share the guiding principles of CFHS.
Voting membership in CFHS is based on the following criterion including but not exclusive to:
1. Agree to the CFHS representing members at the national level.
2. A registered not-for-profit or charity incorporated for a minimum of 3 years either provincially or federally in Canada with a board that is independent of its staff.
3. Animal welfare mandate for a given geographic area (e.g., provincial body (i.e. NS, BC), city (e.g., Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto);
4. Legal authority to conduct cruelty investigations;
5. Operate an animal shelter and strive to meet industry recognized shelter standards and guidelines.
Non-voting associate in CFHS consist of not-for-profit and charitable organizations, associations, and governmental organizations who share the guiding principles of CFHS.
Non-voting associate in CFHS is based on the following criterion including but not exclusive to:
1. Agree to the CFHS representing associates at the national level.
2. Support industry recognized shelter standards and guidelines.
Potential Associates include but are not limited to:
annual fee of $200
Not eligible as Associates:
• Humane Societies or SPCA
• For-profit animal control agencies
• Individuals *
For individuals: The CFHS does not currently have a membership program for individuals. You can join us in our fight to improve animals’ lives by subscribing to our free newsletter or by helping to fund our work.Print this page